Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Fusion Middleware: It is necessary to notice that Oracle Fusion Middleware is over simply middleware-meaning-systems-integration technology as folks outside Oracle usually use the word. Oracle has historically had three main product lines: info (that everybody is aware of about), Applications (quite widespread enterprise business applications like Oracle’s E-Business Suite, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Oracle’s new Fusion Applications, etc.), and thenMiddleware — that Oracle looks to be mistreatment for everything else) I say that as a result of, well, it’s true. typically it feels as if somebody at Oracle aforementioned “if it isn’t info, associate degreed it isn’t an enterprise business application, it should be middleware”. So, today, you may notice all types of offerings inside the Oracle Fusion Middleware umbrella together with Oracle’s SOA, BPM, Identity Management (IdM), BI, EPM, ECM, Portals, Application Servers, Java, Dev Frameworks, Dev Tools, Management Tools and lots of alternative solutions, every with their own product packaging and naming specific to Oracle (and several classes with over one product/packaging).
- OFM is one among Oracle’s main ~3-5 product lines.
- OFM includes variety of product among it, several of that square measure middleware (systems integration) or might be loosely lumped into the middleware bucket.
- You can’t purchase OFM, and you cannot install OFM — you would be shocked what percentage folks say they need done one or each of these things — however you’ll be able to purchase a product packaging among OFM like Oracle Directory Services and and you’ll be able to install a product among that packaging like Oracle net Directory (OID).
- Products among OFM usually need alternative Oracle parts, specifically the Oracle info (e.g. OID needs Oracle Database)
- Almost all OFM product run on associate application server, specifically WebLogic Server (WLS) of late, that is that the “new” application server technology that originally came to Oracle through the acquisition of BEA. WLS replaced Oracle’s older Oracle net Application Server (iAS) that was the backbone for OFM before 11g versions.
- OFM product have a primary install base nowadays of version 11g (11 grid). Previous OFM versioning was primarily 10g (10 grid), and 9i(9 Internet) before that. the newest OFM product have a version of 12c (12 cloud). every product among OFM follows its own versioning and might have stable releases at totally different times. (e.g. Oracle JDeveloper 12c was free a moment agone, however those that needed to use it for developing for SOA, WebCenter and alternative OFM product had to use JDeveloper 11g; as of inscribing this, JDeveloper 12c remains not used for a few OFM product like WebCenter).